05:00 – 12:00 = morning
12:00 = noon
12:00 – 18:00 = afternoon
18:00 – 21:00 = evening
21:00 – 05:00 = night (with midnight at 00:00)
2、Difference Between Night and Evening
1. Evening is the time between afternoon and night. Night is the time between the setting of the sun and sunrise.
2. Evening is a time when the daylight decreases and night is a time when there is no daylight.
3. Evening is shorter than that of night.
4. Evening is a period of twilight and it begins before sunset and goes even after the sunset. Night can also be called as the time when the sun goes down in the horizon.
5. Evening can be called as the time when one finishes his work and packs home. Night is the time when one takes a rest from his day’s work. Night is the time when one sleeps and relaxes.
6. Good evening is used after 6 pm. Good night is used to greet when one goes to bed.
Good evening在下午6点后使用，Good night是睡觉前道“晚安”的敬语。